Friday, November 19, 2010

Mama goes to the movies...

One of the few things a mama can't do with young children is go to the movies. So when children are under the ages of 5-6 years, mama never gets to go to the movies. Unless, papa is willing to watch the kids or a babysitter is enlisted and then mama and papa can go to the movies together.

But I think going to the movies is a more exciting experience for mama than for papa. In my opinion mama's have alot more "hand on" work than papa. And while at the movies there's no screaming, crying, or whining unless its on screen, and mama doesn's care as long as its not her child!

Watching a film is a way to escape reality which can often be overwhleming for mama. For this mama, going to the movies means at least two hours of lying back in a chair (yes with my feet up damn it! I worked hard) and forgetting who I am for just a brief moment in my timeline as a mother. At this point in my life, I dont care what film I am going to see as long as its not animated and is above the PG rating. Matter of fact, I prefer R movies. This mean "restricted to those of us who dont have tantrums and can go to the potty unassisted, ADULTS". Yes, going to the film is my time to be whoever I want to be...a vixen, a thief, an action hero, a president...just anyone but me. So I am creating this blog to help keep my treasured escapes to the movies alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment